Los Angeles Dental Arts
Theodore Burnett, DDS
General & Cosmetic Dentist located in Westchester, Los Angeles, CA
If you dread dental work, regular teeth cleaning goes a long way toward avoiding the dentist’s chair. At Los Angeles Dental Arts in Los Angeles, Theodore Burnett, DDS, provides deep cleaning and laser cleaning therapies that keep your teeth white and your gums in the pink of health. To ensure your dental health, call to schedule a teeth cleaning or book an appointment online.
Teeth Cleaning Q&A
Why do I need to have my teeth professionally cleaned?
While regular brushing and flossing do a great job in maintaining your oral health, there’s a lot that even daily, careful cleaning can’t address. Here are just some of the advantages professional teeth cleaning can provide:
- Prevents gum disease by cleaning plaque beneath your gumlines
- Thoroughly cleans between your teeth where regular brushing can’t reach
- Gets rid of stubborn stains, such as those caused by coffee
- Detects cavities and other abnormalities indicative of significant problems, including oral cancers
Ultimately, teeth cleaning is one of the best preventive tools in your dental care arsenal. As if that weren’t reason enough, regular teeth cleaning by a professional leaves your teeth whiter and brighter after each visit.
How are my teeth cleaned?
At Los Angeles Dental Arts, a deep cleaning of your teeth entails several steps:
- A physical examination: Dr. Burnett checks for outward signs of decay, gum disease, and other dental problems
- X-rays: if you don’t have current X-rays on file, Dr. Burnett may recommend having some taken to see what’s happening on the inside of your teeth
- Removing plaque and tartar: using special tools and equipment, the dental hygienist removes stubborn and hard-to-reach plaque buildup and tartar
- Gritty toothpaste cleaning: this special toothpaste, combined with a high-powered toothbrush, scrub and whiten your teeth
- Flossing and rinsing: to remove any leftover debris, the dental hygienist thoroughly flosses between your teeth and rinses your mouth
If your teeth and gums require an aggressive cleaning, Dr. Burnett turns to laser cleaning therapy which removes dead tissue from your gums to allow new, healthy growth in its wake.
How often should I have my teeth cleaned?
In order to maintain healthy teeth, visit Dr. Burnett twice a year for a professional cleaning and maintain good oral hygiene habits. Not only will your teeth be stronger, but you'll also leave with a dazzling smile.
Call Los Angeles Dental Arts to book your teeth whitening appointment. Or use the easy online booking tool.